Tuesday, January 19, 2016



I love butterflies so I actually did more than one card using the Spread Your Wings set from the Stamp Doctor.  This first one is colored with regular colored pencils because I wanted a pastel look to it.  Wink of Stella seems to be one of my staple products lately.  I can’t help but to put it on everything and so I colored the butterfly with the clear Wink of Stella.  I used the coordinating die to cut out the butterfly.  I used the side step card die and coordinating layering dies.  I wanted to make my own patterned paper using the stamps from the set.  I took the two mirror image swirl stamps and stamped them out with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Shaded Lilac.  It matched perfectly with the purple cardstock from my stash!  I matted and adhered everything to the card base and finished out with a little bling which I also (of course) wanted to match.  I colored clear rhinestones with Copic marker BV17 … perfect match!!  As I looked at this card, I felt like the butterfly needed a little pop so I put Kooltak clear adhesive behind the wings to give them some lift.  I swear I am in LOVE with this set!!

The Stamp Doctor is still currently running a special for 10% off and free shipping with code: NEW2016.  Don’t forget to enter it when ordering!!



 
Supply List:

No comments:

Post a Comment