Monday, January 25, 2016

Does anyone have a birthday coming up?  Chances are, you know someone who does!  For today's card, I pulled out my Stamp Doctor Happy Birthday Square set.  Using the Stamp Doctor side step card layers, I cut the red square, white square and red rectangle.  On the white, square, I stamped the happy birthday square and stamped the cake inside it.  I colored the cake with my Derwent Inktense pencils and blended it out with water.  I then took a piece of Tim Holtz tissue tape and painted a light wash over it with the red Derwent pencil.  As those dried, I cut a piece of happy birthday paper from Recollections, layered it on my card front and cut a white layer and adhered it to the base.  I popped up the square and rectangle on foam tape and adhered them to the card as well.  At this point, I felt like my card was looking a bit flat.  Know why? I forgot to add my clear wink of stella to the cake!!  After doing so, I felt like it still needed something.  You can never go wrong with bling!!  I dug through my bling bin (yes, I have a whole bin!) and found some Darice adhesive back acrylic gems.  I cut that into sections and trimmed out the image panel and the tissue tape panel.  I also stuck a few teeny tiny gems on the corners of the sentiment.  Ahhhh! Now it feels complete.  Next time, I'll probably go back to my pink but sometimes it's fun to go outside of my norm.



Supply List:

No comments:

Post a Comment