Monday, February 22, 2016

Fairy Grace

I fell in love with fairies a long time ago when I saw the movie Legend. The Stamp Doctor has a beautiful line of fairy stamps that made me think of the movie. The image I chose for today is her ATC size Butterfly Fairy. I used my go to Inktense pencils for coloring. I was having a bit of trouble getting the skin quite right for what I envisioned though so I used my Copic markers (E000, E00, E02, R20 for her cheek) and voila! Perfect!!  For her eye and lips, I went back to the Inktense pencils. The sky was colored with Copic market BG10 again because I just couldn't get it quite right with my pencils. I used clear Wink of Stella on the flower centers, her thumbnail, and the butterfly. This image is so gorgeous that I had to do a background that would do it justice. I tried a few different types of medium for my background but finally decided to go with Ken Oliver's Color Bursts in Alizaren Crimson, Orange, and Lemon Yellow. OMG did it ever come our fabulous!! You may be seeing more of the color bursts in the future. To finish the card, I matted each piece on black cardstock and use foam tape behind the fairy image.  I think this is more a work of art than just a card though!! What do y'all say? Leave your comments below ☺️

Keep your eyes on my blog folks! The Stamp Doctor has a new sale in the works very soon!!


Supply List:


No comments:

Post a Comment